The holidays are quickly approaching and that means busy times and cherished time with friends and family that can’t be skipped out on due to a cold. Summer colds tend to repeat themselves sometimes consuming all of your summer when it is said and done with. When you have a winter cold they hit you hard and then boom they’re gone.
For me I get hot and uncomfortable already in the summer the last thing I want is to be stuffed up, not breathing or tasting anything in addition to being hot already. Here are some tips to avoid a cold this summer.
1. Get your daily vitamins! Common sense you would think but I feel that we all need to slow down and remember to take care of ourselves with simple tasks like vitamins. If you get your daily percentage of Vitamin C you have a less likely chance of getting sick.
2. Another common sense prevention tip would be stay away from people who are sick. It is understood we aren’t all blessed with the option of running for the hills when you find out someone near you is sick. Some of us work in healthcare or have children that may get sick. But if it is a situation that can be avoided by all means do so. Putting yourself near germs is asking to get sick.
3. Water, Water, Water! Stay Hydrated! Staying hydrated helps keep your immune system healthy and your body healthy.
4. Appropriate exercise helps so much. Just get active for 20-30 minutes a day even if it is just by walking the dogs or taking a brisk walk and clearing your mind. Exercise will help your immune system which will help prevent colds and also fight them off should you get one.
5. Get good rest. Make sure you get plenty of rest. Go to bed a little earlier than usual so that you can ensure you get enough rest to go about your day and your body will able to fight off infections and bounce back!
These are simple tips to help you prevent colds and have a healthy winter. I know most go without saying but sometimes we need just a small reminder to take care of ourselves.